The Colts welcome the Sudbury Wolves to the Barrie Molson Centre on Thursday, November 19th, and then head on the road for two games on the weekend. Saturday, November 21st, they visit the Flint Firebirds for the first time ever, and then continue to Saginaw to take on the Spirit for the second time in eight days on November 22nd. The Colts enter their three game stint this weekend with a 12-7-0-0 record, but dropping their most recent game 7-3 against the North Bay Battalion.
Sudbury Wolves (5-15-1-0) vs. Barrie Colts
- Thursday night’s meeting against the Wolves will be the third meeting between the Wolves and Colts. The Colts have won both previous games with a 7-2 win on October 24th, and a 4-2 on November 6th.
- Two Wolves rookies are currently leading the team in points. Centre Dimitry Sokolov has 14 points from 6 goals and 8 assists, while centre Alan Lyszczarczyk has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points.
- Sudbury currently sits 15th in the league for their power play on the road, going 6 for 41 on their chances. They are also 18th in the league with a 72.7% penalty kill on the road. The Colts are also 15th in their league with their power play, going 7 for 42 on their chances at home. The Colts penalty kill at home has been very effective though as they are 3rd in the league with a 91.7% penalty kill.
- Sudbury is 2-7-0-0 when playing on the road, while the Colts are 5-4-0-0 when playing at home.
Barrie Colts vs. Flint Firebirds (8-9-1-1)
- Saturday’s game against the Firebirds will be the second and last meeting between the two teams this season, with the Colts winning the first contest 8-5 in Barrie back on October 22nd.
- Forward Will Bitten leads the Firebirds with 10 goals and 17 assists for 27 points in 19 games.
- Flint currently sits 9th in the league with a 20.9% power play at home, going 9 for 43 on their chances. The Firebirds are also 13th in the league with an 80.0% penalty kill at home. The Colts are 2nd in the league with a 27.1% power play on the road, while they sit 4th in the league with their penalty kill on the road, only giving up 6 power play goals against.
- Flint is 5-3-1-0 playing at home, while the Colts are 7-3-0-0 when playing on the road.
Barrie Colts vs. Saginaw Spirit (8-11-1-1)
- Sunday’s game will be the second and last meeting between the two teams this season, with the Colts grabbing the first contest in a 5-1 win.
- San Jose prospect, Dylan Sadowy leads the Spirit with 19 points from 9 goals and 10 assists through 17 games.
- Saginaw currently sits 11th in the league for their power play at home, as they are as they are 18.4 percent effective through 10 home games. They are also 18th in the league for their penalty killing at home, giving up 10 power play goals against for a 71.4% penalty kill. The Colts are 2nd in the league with a 27.1% power play on the road, while they sit 4th in the league with their penalty kill on the road, only giving up 6 power play goals against.
- Saginaw rookie, Markus Niemelainen leads Spirit rookies with 13 points off of 13 assists.
- The Spirit are currently 5-4-1-0 when playing at home, while the Colts are 7-3-0-0 when playing on the road.
- 5 Colts have 16 or more points (Mangiapane, Labanc, Nattinen, Scott, Andersson, Radke)
- Andrew Mangiapane leads the team with 29 points with 15 goals and 14 assists, while Kevin Labanc has 28 points from 8 goals and 20 assists.
- Andrew Mangiapane is on an 11-game point streak, dating back to October 17th.
- Julius Nattinen is on an 8-game point streak, dating back to October 25th.
- Kevin Labanc in on a 6-game point streak, dating back to October 31st.
- Zachary Magwood leads Colts rookies with 2 goals and 2 assists in 19 games.
- Brandon Prophet leads the Colts with a +12 through 19 games
- Mackenzie Blackwood is 12-6 this season with a 2.45 GAA and 0.927 save percentage. He also has two assists and two shutouts so far.
- Milestone alerts
- With an assist on Sat. Nov 14th, Justin Scott reached 100 career OHL points
- Cordell James enters the weekend with 49 career OHL points.
- Michael Webster enters the weekend with 48 career OHL assists.