Barrie Colts Community Fund
The Barrie Colts Community Fund was established through the Barrie Community Foundation.
It is a charitable fund created by The Barrie Colts OHL Hockey Team. Funds are contributed each year through the proceeds of the Barrie Colts Golf Tournament, Jersey Auctions, and periodic contributions from The Horsepower Sports & Entertainment Group Inc., and owners of the Barrie Colts. The Barrie Community Foundation also receives the proceeds from the 50/50 draws at Barrie Colts games.
Monies in the fund are paid out to various charities in our community. Past and current recipients include:
- Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka
- Easter Seals
- United Way
- Barrie Minor Hockey (The Barrie Colts contribute monies each year to help pay the jersey costs for local minor hockey players, helping make hockey more affordable to families)
- Season Centre for Grieving Children
- Candle Lighters (helping families deal with childhood cancer)
- Special Olympics
- Barrie Food Bank
- Christmas Cheer
- Canadian Mental Health
- Barrie Sharks Hockey
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Barrie Public Library
- Youth Haven
- Starlight Children’s Foundation Canda
- Smile Zone
- Seniors Wish
- Chrohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Hospice Simcoe
- David Busby Centre
- Down Syndrome Association of Simcoe County
Through the Barrie Colts Community Fund, the Barrie Colts Adopt A School Program and contributions from the Colts Organization, over $160,000 per year is donated to local charities, schools and people in need in our community.
The Barrie Colts also contribute monies each year to Barrie Minor Hockey teams to help pay the costs of team jerseys and making hockey more affordable for families.
Since the current ownership of the Colts took control in 2007, our organization has contributed over $1.5 Million dollars to local charities, organizations and schools!
Our ongoing goal is to help people in need in our community and make Barrie and area a better place to live for all of us.
Thank You For Supporting Our Efforts.