With 18 selections across the two days, the Barrie Colts staff had a busy draft room looking to build for the future!
Recap of Day 1 where the Colts selected four players.
On Saturday morning, the Colts made 14 selections between rounds 4-15.
Parker Forlin – Round 4 – #73 – Centre
- Starting off Day 2, Forlin was selected from the Niagara North Stars U16 where he finished second in points with 48 (24 Goals, 18 Assists) in 23 games played. In the six playoff games, he led the team with 10 goals while notching 8 assists.
Nolan Newton – Round 5 #93 – Centre
- The Sudbury, ON native was selected from the Sudbury Nickel Capital U16 program where he led the team with a high of 36 points (14 Goals, 22 Assists) in 27 games.
Wyatt Warner – Round 5 #94 – Centre
- Originally growing up in Wasaga Beach, the Colts went back to the HEO where Wyatt led all Kemptville U18 players in points 29 (12 Goals, 17 Assists) in 32 contests.
Jack Brauti – Round 6 #104 – Defenceman
- The Thornhill, ON native has been playing stateside this season at the Shattuck St. Mary’s U15 program. In 54 games, Wyatt registered 27 points from the backend.
Glen McInnes – Round 7 #133 – Goalie
- Being the first of two goalies selected on Saturday, the 6’1.5 159lb goalie from Frankford, ON suited up for the Quinte Red Devils U16 putting up a 1.59 GAA.
Evan Passmore – Round 8 – #153 – Defenceman
- The big defenceman from Elmira, ON put up 12 points from the blueline for the Waterloo Wolves U16.
Ben Hrebik – Round 9 #173 – Goalie
- With our second goalie added on the day, the Halton Hurricanes U16 goaltender backstopped them in four playoff games with a 1.36 GAA.
Noah Smith – Round 10 #193 – Defenceman
- The steady two-way defenceman from the Markham Waxers U16 program finished second on his team in assists (14) among defenceman.
Carter Merritt – Round 11 #213 – Defenceman
- The Waterloo, ON native finished the season second on the Cambridge Hawks U16 team in PIM while putting up two points in three playoff games.
Ryan Cornfield – Round 12 #233 – Right Wing
- The first of two back-to-back selections from the Kitchener Rangers U16 program, Cornfield led all Rangers in post-season points (8) in 6 games.
Luke Blenkhorn – Round 13 #253 – Defenceman
- The Kitchener, ON product finished second on the team with 48 PIM while notching two assists across their six post-season games.
Randy Mak – Round 14 #273 – Defenceman
- The smooth skating defenceman from the Mississauga Reps organization was counted on by his coaches all season long.
Noah Mathieson – Round 15 #293 – Left Wing
- Being selected from the Windsor Jr. Spitfires U16 program, Noah led the team with 19 assists while finishing with 24 points.
Victor Ding – Round 15 #303 – Right Wing
- The hard working forward with a quick release was drafted out of the Mississauga Reps U16 team.
“It was a busy two days for our organization, with 18 selections (7 defenceman, 2 goalies, and 9 forwards) we felt we have addressed our organizational needs with these selections. I just wanted to say thank you to our entire staff for their hard work this season and we look forward to having our prospects out to our prospect development camp shortly.” Commented Rob Stewart, Assistant General Manager
Colts Country, please welcome the group of prospects to the organization!